CENTRAL MONTANA SHOOTING COMPLEX, INC
A Non-profit Montana Corporation
The name of this organization shall be the Central Montana Shooting Complex, Inc., a corporation, and shall be termed herein as Complex
ARTICLE II-OBJECT AND PURPOSES
The Central Montana Shooting Complex, Inc's purpose is to create a safe, enjoyable, effective, and beneficial area to promote social welfare and public safety; law and order, to educate and train citizens of good repute in the safe and efficient handling of firearms and promote efficiency in the use of firearms on the part of members, law enforcement officers, national defense groups, children and citizen's dedicated to the shooting sports.
- The membership of the Complex shall be: Annual, Junior, Life, Family, and Family Life.
- Annual Membership- full privileges with 1 vote.
- Junior Membership- Individual who has not reached their 20th birthday. Full privileges except has no vote.
- Life Membership- Full privileges with 1 vote. Wife and children who have not reached their 20th birthday have range privileges.
- Family Membership- Paid annually and includes Wife and children who have not reached their 20th birthday. 1 vote.
- Family Life Membership- Full privileges, including 1 vote for each spouse Children who have not reached their 20th birthday have range privileges.
- Such other memberships as determined appropriate.
- Dues shall be established by the Board of Directors, subject to approval of the general membership at the annual meeting. Dues shall become payable on or before the date designated by the Board of Directors. No member arrears in the payment of dues shall be eligible to vote at any annual or special meetings.
- Any member failing to pay his annual dues shall forfeit his membership, unless waived by the Board due to extenuating circumstances.
ARTICLE V-MEMBERSHIP MEETING
- Annual Meeting- The annual meeting and election of club officers shall be held as designated by the President upon the (10) days notice. If the annual meeting cannot take place at that time, it shall be held within a reasonable time thereafter. The officers shall hold over until their successors have been elected and qualified.
- General Membership Meetings- General membership meetings shall be held as called by the President at a location to be designated by the president.
- Special Meetings- A special meeting of the Complex may be held at any time on the call of the President, or on the call of a majority of the Board of Directors; or on demand in writing, stating the object of the proposed meeting, and signed ny not less than on-fifth of the members in good standing. Notice of the time, place and object of any special meeting shall be forwarded, in writing and by the U.S. Mail, by the Secretary to all officers and members not less than ten days prior to the date of the meeting.
- A quorum of the membership of the Complex shall be any members present.
ARTICLE VI-BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Board of Directors shall consist of the President-Director, Vice-President-Director, Secretary-Director, Treasurer-Director and three other members as elected at the annual meeting
- Except as provided herein, the property and business affairs of the Complex shall be controlled and managed by the Board of Directors. The Directors shall act only as a Board, the individual Directors shall have no authority except as provided herein. It shall be the duty of the Board of Directors to seek approval of the members at the regular meeting of the Complex members for expenditures and actions other than those regularly incurred.
- The Meetings of the Directors shall be held as often as the needs of the Complex requires, and may be called my the President of by any Director, by a notice in writing, mailed postage prepaid 48 hours before the meeting, addressed to each Director at his usual place of business or residence, or delivered to him in hand. Notice of any meeting may be waived in writing.
- A majority of the Directors shall constitute a quorum. No meeting shall be held without a quorum present.
- Any member of the Board of Directors missing three (3) consecutive meetings in the year may be removed according to Article X, Section 1.
- A vacancy of a Director-Officer may be filled my a majority vote of the remaining members of the Board of Directors. If more than one vacancy exists, a special meeting of the Complex shall be called and a new Director Officer shall be elected to fill the vacancy until the date of the next annual meeting.
- The Board of Directors shall establish and publish rules as it deems necessary in the interest of the Complex.
- Where the Director is responsible for the receipt of expenditure of Complex funds, he shall provide a report of the discipline's financial status at least once each month to the membership and, additionally, as required by the Board of Directors. The Director shall submit a proposed budget at the March Board of Directors meeting for that shooting discipline's operation for the year.
ARTICLE VII-OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
- The officers of the Complex shall be as defined in Article VI, Section 1, herein, all of whom shall be regular members of the Complex. The offices of secretary and treasurer may be held by one person. The officers shall be elected for a one (1) year term at the annual meeting of the Complex
- President-Director- The President shall preside at all meetings of the Complex and as Chairman of the Board of Directors. He shall be a member of ex-officio of all regular and special committees, and shall perform all such duties as usually pertain to his office.
- Vice-President-Director- the Vice-President shall reform the duties of the President in his absence or at his request.
- Secretary-Director- The Secretary shall keep accurate records and proceedings of all meetings of the Complex and of the Board of Directors. He shall maintain a record of Complex membership, shall conduct the official correspondence of the Complex and have custody of all membership an all correspondence records. He will give notice of special meetings of the Complex and shall send such other notices to Complex members as the Board of Directors may require. He will perform all duties required of him by the State.
- Treasurer-Director- The Treasurer shall have custody of all funds and of all contracts and other valuable documents and papers of the Complex. he shall receive all money for the Complex and deposit it in such bank as may be specified by the Board of Directors. He will make such disbursements as approved by the Board of Directors. The Treasurer shall keep accurate records of all money received and disbursed by the Complex. He shall attend each regular meeting and make a report of all receipts and disbursements since the last meeting. At the annual meeting of the Complex, the Treasurer shall make a full and complete report of the financial transactions of the Complex during the year and the Complex's financial status. At the conclusion of his term of office, he shall turn over to his successor all money, books, documents, papers and other property of the Complex in his possession. The Treasurer shall give such bond as may be required by the Board of Directors.
- Compensation- No Officer-Director of the Complex may receive compensation for his services as an Officer-Director to the Complex as such Officer-Director.
- Election Procedure. The President with the approval of the Board of Directors, shall appoint a nominating committee of three (3) members of the Complex who shall submit nominations of officer-directors at the annual meeting. Further nominations may be made from the floor during the annual meeting. The election of Officers-Directors shall be by individual written secret ballot.
ARTICLE IX- COMMITTEES
- The President, with the approval of the Board of Directors, may appoint such standing committees as necessary to carry on the business and purpose of the corporation.
- It will be the duty of the chairman of all committees to conduct the business assigned to his committee in accordance with the instructions from the Board of Directors and best interest of the Complex. Where the committee is responsible for the direct receipt or expenditure of Complex funds, the committee shall provide a report of its financial status at least once each month to the Complex, and additionally, as required by the Board of Directors. All committees with fund requirements shall submit a proposed budget to the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE X- SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION
- Any officer may be removed by a two-thirds affirmative vote of members in good standing present at any special meeting called for this purpose. No vote on suspension or removal may be taken unless at least fifteen days notice shall have been given to the officer of the reasons for his removal and of the time and place of this special meeting at which such ballot on the removal is to be taken. At such special meeting the officer shall be given a full hearing.
- Any member may be suspended or expelled from the Complex for any cause deemed sufficient by the Board of Directors, by a two-thirds affirmative vote of the members of the Board of Directors present at any regular or special meeting. No vote on suspension or expulsion shall be taken unless at least fifteen (15) days notice, in writing shall have been given to the member of the charges preferred and of the tim and place of the meeting of the Board of Directors of which such charges will be considered. At such meeting, the member under charges will be accorded a full hearing.
- Charges against any officer member may be preferred by any member in good standing. They shall be in writing, clearly stating the facts relied upon and accompanied by all affidavits or exhibits which are used in their support. Such charges shall be filed with the Secretary, who will immediately notify the President. The President will call a meeting of the Board of Directors to hear the charges. The Secretary will give at least fifteen (15) days notice of the meeting to each member of the Board of Directors and to the accuser and the accused. Such notice shall be in writing and will include a true copy of the charges and of the supporting affidavits and exhibits.
- Any member suspended or expelled by the Board of Directors may appeal to the full membership of the club. Such appeal shall be made in writing to the Secretary who will notify the President. The President will call a special meeting of the club for the purpose of acting on the appeal. The Secretary will give at least fifteen (15) days notice in writing to all member of the club in good standing stating the date, time, place and reason for such special meeting. At the meeting of the full Complex, the Secretary will read the original charges, the supporting affidavits, and will read or display the accompanying exhibits, and will read the minutes of the special meeting of the Board of Directors at which the charges were heard and action taken. A full hearing will be given the accused. A vote will be taken by ballot of the members in good standing present and a two-thirds vote shall be required to reverse the action of the Board of Directors.
- Resignation. Any member of officer may resign at any time by submitting a written resignation of the Complex's Secretary. The resignation shall become effective upon receipt.
ARTICLE XI- AMENDMENTS
- Any amendment to these By-Laws must be proposed in writing by any member at a regular or special meeting of the Complex. The amendment shall be voted upon at the next regular meeting of the Complex or at a special meeting called for that purpose. A two-thirds vote of the members present shall be required to adopt the amendment. Notice of the adoption, or rejection, of the amendment shall be printed in the next newsletter.
ARTICLE XII- RULES OF ORDER
- Except as other wise provided by these By-Laws, Robert's Rules of Order shall regulate the conduct and procedure at all Complex meetings.
We hereby certify that these By-Laws have been duly adopted by the Complex this ___________ day of __________, 2001.