- Yearly dues are $20.00 for individual or family memberships...refer to
"family" in the CMSC bylaws. Other levels of membership are covered
in the membership form.
- This is a recreation facility built to promote the shooting sports and
camaraderie among shooters belonging to organization. To this end we ask
all shooters and users of this facility to show patience and the ability
to be cordial with all other users. Many of our members are older or handicapped
if they are shooting paper take time out and help them hang paper up. There
may be a day in you later years that you need a helping hand collecting or
- CMSC has graveled the road to the 300 yard berm and want shooters using
target placements berms at 400 yards to not drive to these placements when
the ground is wet to the point of causing ruts. We will be putting gravel
roads out to these berms at some point in the future.
- CMSC members may have out of area guests at any time at no charge, all
CMSC asks is that all range rules be followed and that a CMSC member be present
at all times. Members will take full responsibility for all guest' actions.
CMSC members may bring an out of area at any time but a local guest may only
be on site one time and then the CMSC member needs to ask the guest to join
the organization. The $20.00 membership would apply (this rule involves our
- CMSC will have a spring and fall work day. All members are asked to take
time to attend at least one of these days to help do the work that needs
to be done to keep the range in working order. These work days will be posted
on the range calendar.
- There will be a calendar of events put together on April 1st of each year.
The calendar will be distributed on-line and at local sporting goods stores.
This calendar will be a guide to range availability and organized shoots.
There will be times during the year that a portion of the range could be
off limits to members because of a range rental, a teaching/training activity
or a local shooting club activity. Range rentals are done in a way that the
range is covered for damages and liability, plus we make money to help finance
the range. CMSC rule changes will be implemented with a 30-day notice posted
at the range and on-line on the website.
- Membership dues are due and payable by April 1st each year and can be paid
at the sporting goods counter at Don's. New members will need to pick up
their information packet, pay dues and pick up a key at Don's also.
- CMSC must, by law have one-day per year open to the general public. This
day will be held near the opening of Montana Big Game Season. We will encourage
members who are RSO's and hunter safety instructors to help on this day
- CMSC membership rosters are available from CMSC board members
- The only time the CMSC front gate will be open and left open will be for
an event that is open to the general public. The front gate must be locked
by Sundown on days that public events are held.
- Range keys that are lost will have a $100.00 replacement cost. The number
of the key that was lost will be retired from the key sequence. Please contact
the Sporting goods counter at Don's for a replacement. No member
will duplicate the key that they have been given; this leads to automatic
loss of privileges.
- Extra Copies of the CMSC Standard Operating Procedure book (SOP) will be
available from CMSC board members or at local sporting goods stores. The
cover states " CMSC Member Manual"
- Take all lost and found items to the sporting goods counter at Don's store.
This will be the clearing house for those looking for items left behind at
- CMSC would encourage members to park cars in an organized manner when parking
in the parking lots that are available. There is absolutely no off road driving
unless done under the name of range repair, weed spraying or clean up.
- All member complaints and enforcement issues fall under the auspices of
the CMSC board. Any member of CMSC shall be held accountable for any conduct
by himself or any guests accompanying him considered to be injurious to the
organization or its purposes or objectives. Any member in good standing may
lodge a formal complaint by doing so in writing and sending to CMSC board
at P.O. Box 780, Lewistown, MT 59457. At a regular or special board meeting
the complaint will be addressed, the accuser and accused will be given 15
days notice to attend. At this meeting if the accused is found guilty as
charged then the board can take such action as it deems necessary. Please
read the by-laws for any questions.
- All training personnel teaching on site shall make known to the board of
CMSC of their certification and insurance for the particular type of training
being conducted. Members with proper certification are covered under CMSC
- All members of CMSC shall sign a Hold Harmless Agreement as a prerequisite
to their membership. Failure to sign the agreement will nullify their membership.
- It is the policy of the board of CMSC to standardize procedures for the
procurement of grants, solicitations and monetary requests. All such types
of requests to outside interests must be routed through the board of CMSC.
There will be times that different clubs using CMSC will receive money from
individuals or organizations for specific use for their club. The check should
be written to Central Montana Foundation with CMSC/"whatever the club" in
the memo line. CMSC will pass the money to that particular club by check.
- The board of CMSC shall approve the use of CMSC property by all clubs and
realize that there may be new clubs form that will utilize the property.
The one prerequisite for all clubs is that their membership shall be open
to all members of CMSC. The board realizes that clubs utilizing the range
will probably have their own dues structure and entry fees for shoots. The
board asks that the entry fees for such shoots have a different lower entry
fee for CMSC members versus non-members. ALL shoots that charge an entry
fee for the shoot shall provide CMSC a $5.00 per shooter fee to offset wear
and tear on the range. Non- CMSC affiliated Clubs having shoots with shooters
who are not CMSC members will need their own insurance for such events. If
the majority of shooters are going to be CMSC shooters then a call to the
CMSC insurance group can be made and insurance coverage can be had for any
particular shoot. Clubs that utilize only CMSC property and CMSC members
exclusively will be covered by CMSC insurance. All non-CMSC member shooters
that come into the range for special shoots shall sign a guest membership
form before doing any shooting at a particular event. A guest shooter would
need to sign a guest membership form for each shoot they participate in during
- All clubs utilizing CMSC property shall have a representative come to general
board meetings and this representative shall be elected to do so by the entire
membership of that particular club. Voting board members shall be decided
by the organization by-laws.
- The board and CRSO(S) of CMSC shall approve all rentals and rental agreements
of CMSC property.
- The staff at Don's Store (sporting goods counter) will provide Key control
- Special board meetings will be held to determine the gravity of alleged
conduct listed under a formal complaint of incident report. Those present
shall include the board of directors and CRSO(S), the RSO or member that
filed the complaint and the member or club the complaint was filed against.
After hearing both sides and comments from the CRSO(S) the board, and its
discretion, may choose one of the following action:
- To dismiss charges
- Give a written reprimand with one copy given to the member and one
kept on file.
- Suspension of the members privileges for an amount of time to be determined
by the board of directors
- Revoke the members privileges...after a period of one year the member
may apply for reinstatement.. this application will be brought before
the annual club meeting and will require a 2/3 majority vote by members
present to re-instate membership status
- Those member who give up their membership status for any reason (including
not paying dues on time) shall submit their key until such time that they
once again become a member. The past member shall have 10 days to turn in
their key. The billing cost of a key not turned in is $100.00 payable within
- CMSC cannot make it mandatory that all users are members of the NRA but
we encourage all members to belong to the NRA and support its efforts.